Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review - Mainline Cycles


A few years ago my trusty bike of 20 years gave up the ghost after one repair to many my faithful companion needed to be replaced. So I began a lengthy process of kicking tires to shop for a new bicycle.

As I visited various bicycle shops throughout Philadelphia I kept running into the same phenomena. Bike mechanics who did not how to talk to customers and sales people who lost interest when they realized that I was not a triathlete or a roadie and I was not going to purchase a bicycle that had a price tag of $1000.00 and higher. Every bike shop that I walked into had that standard “bike shop” look, dimly lit, in need of a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint, with a disorganized collection of bikes most of which were high-end road bikes with a few mountain bikes in the mix.

So after running out of options in Philadelphia I started looking at options outside of Philadelphia. When I walked into Main Line Cycles in Narberth and was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. A well lit shop with wood floors with a wide range of bicycles on display road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrids, and cruisers. Bikes ranged from high end for the serious rider to moderately priced bikes for the person who goes for the periodic ride on the weekend. All displayed by category with easy access without the claustrophobic and cramped displays that so many bicycle shops use.


Mainline Cycles is everything a bicycle shop should be. You feel like you have walked into a showroom for a high end automobile. The staff is friendly and welcoming, yet there is no pressure to buy anything and they will take as much time as needed to help you with every purchase.

In subsequent trips to Mainline Cycles I have watched the staff and mechanics to take as much time as needed to help customers. No matter how large or how small the purchase the customers were making they were always treated with respect. Which I believe is the key to the success of any business. Their mechanics a highly experienced in the latest in cycling technology and can handle any repair.

Like us on Facebook
http://tinyurl.com/kmpe8yk

No comments:

Post a Comment