Monday, April 6, 2015

Why I ride


I ride because for most errands I do not need a car.
I ride because I can get to where I need to go as fast or faster than a car or SEPTA.
I ride because SEPTA makes it easier to bring my bike with me.
I ride because parking my bike is easier and cheaper than parking my car,
I ride because when I see something or someplace interesting I can check it out.
I ride because I get exercise.
I ride because I save money on gas and SEPTA fares.
I ride because being a better cyclist does not mean having the best bike money can buy.
I ride because I enjoy rebuilding old bikes and turning them into new bikes.
I ride because some of the trails take me far away from Philadelphia so I can get away from people.
I ride because when I want go faster or farther I have to make it happen.
I ride because it makes me feel better about myself.
I ride because I can have ice cream after a long ride.

I ride because sometimes I imagine I am Dave Stoller racing the truck and I can hear the music playing.



No comments:

Post a Comment